High School Equivalency Program - Announcements
NEW: If you had students enrolled at the end of last school year, a spreadsheet has been emailed to your HSEP by August 10, 2011. If you have not received it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The blank 2011-12 spreadsheet is now available; email HSEP in order to receive the password to open the spreadsheet.
A new Authorization form is in use; it has been emailed out to all HSEPs. If you are an authorized HSEP but did not receive the email, contact HSEP and the form will be emailed to you. GED Testing Centers have been notified about the new form.
You will be required to send the secure student spreadsheet through TEA's Encrypted Email service. For details on setting this up read the PGP email encryption instructions. If you previously set up an account go to pages 13-14 of the document. Also, if you have any questions and/or problems about TEA's Encrypted Email contact PGP Support at TEA.
- Intent to Continue HSEP Form is ready for the 2011-2012 school year (see below).
- Important: Make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader; it is free. You may need to contact your technical support staff to download the free Adobe Reader depending on your security settings.
- Open the Intent to Continue form in PDF format.
- Click the [Submit] button on the top, right to return to TEA HSEP department once you have completed the form.
- Make sure your Adobe Reader is up to date, as of 1/4/2011 the latest version is X. Careful that you are choosing the right version of Adobe for your Operating System.
- If you have difficulty with the form, make sure your Adobe Reader is up to date, you may need to reinstall. If you still cannot get it to submit, contact email@example.com.
- New student tracking method:
- HSEP data has been moved to a new database, consequently a new process has been created to track enrollment and exit information.
- Also, the spreadsheet includes information requested by GEDTS for their annual survey for easier reporting;
- A new spreadsheet has been created for the 2011-2012 school year, if you had any enrolled students from the previous school year the new spreadsheet has been sent to you as of August 11, 2011. Email HSEP to receive the password.
- If you you do not have access to Microsoft Excel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is a need, I will create a form fill PDF document for entering student enrollment information.
- New GED Testing Demographic form.
- The On-Line GED Demographic Form gives the test-taker the power to create and change demographic information before testing to save time and ensure accurate information.
- Legislative Update 81st Regular Session: House Bill 3, Section 39.053 (g-1)(1) now includes terminology to explicitly state that a student who is court ordered to attend a HSEP and is currently enrolled and has not obtained the GED credential shall not be counted as a dropout.
- American Council on Education GED Testing Service will now collect annual information by a web based survey. It is due every mid July, but was not collected in 2011.
For More Information Contact:
Page last modified on 3/18/2014 05:40:10 PM.