TSDS Champions and Stewards
See also: Champions for
ESCs 1-10 | Champions
for ESCs 11-20
Webinars, Presentations, User Guides Posted
The latest Field Coordination Network presentations, webinars, and TSDS user guides are now posted on the new For ESC Staff resources page.
Optional LPR Extension
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation is providing LPR districts with the option to continue using ESC-10 hosted Dashboards through Jan 31, 2014. If an LPR does not communicate the intent to opt in, TEA will assume they plan to direct their users to the TEA-hosted dashboards after the winter break.
Transitioning to TIMS for Unique ID Support
Beginning Wednesday, January 1, TEA will begin transitioning to the TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS) for Unique ID support. Over the next few months, ESC Champions will need to help their LEAs prepare for the transition so that it can be completed by April 30, 2014.
Why Champions and Stewards?
The LPR Stewards and ESC Champions provide
critical support and training for the rollout and ongoing use of TSDS.
TSDS represents a radical departure in data collection for TEA because it
directly to authorized educators in near-real time. However, the size of the user base for this initiative requires a new,
formal approach to training and support:
- Each ESC has trained and certified "Champions" in key subjects areas of TSDS: PEIMS, Dashboards, Unique ID, TEAL, and Technical. These champions are responsible for training and supporting the TSDS specialists ("Stewards") at the LEAs, and for disseminating news and updates from TEA to the LEAs.
- Collectively, all ESC Champions make up the Field Coordination Network, with whom TEA communicates regularly to report on TSDS development and implementation progress, to advise the ESCs of important news or changes, and to introduce new components of TSDS as they become available.
- ESCs now have a formalized role in the TSDS support structure. All issues, bugs, and suggestions go through the TSDS Incident Management System (TIMS). Certified ESC staff have the role of "Level 2" support, meaning that when LEA Stewards (Level 1) are unable to solve a problem, they escalate it to the ESCs. In turn, ESC staff can escalate an incident to TEA for further evaluation (Level 3) or code fixes (Level 4).
In addition to their roles as TSDS Champions, ESCs will engage with TSDS in a number of ways:
- The Texas Computer Cooperative (TCC) will continue to provide its popular SIS, TxEIS™.
- ESCs will provide support for both SSISs (Skyward and TxEIS).
- ESCs will also be users of the system: they will load their own PEIMS data and accept their LEAs' PEIMS collections via TSDS.
member (likely Superintendent or designee) that is responsible for leading TSDS
deployment for their LEA.|
|Data Steward (Technical Support) ||Recommended position for all LEAs
launching studentGPS® Dashboards and/or TSDS PEIMS. The TSDS Data Steward will |
work with the source data vendors to ensure the data is properly loaded into
the Operational Data Store (ODS).
|studentGPS® Dashboards Steward||Recommended position for all LEAs
that are launching studentGPS® Dashboards. The TSDS studentGPS® Dashboards |
Steward would train educators within their LEA on how to use the studentGPS®
|PEIMS Coordinator ||Designated PEIMS Coordinators within LEAs across
the state of Texas.|
|Unique ID Steward||Recommended position for all LEAs to help launch TSDS
Unique ID within their LEA.|
|Program Steward ||Recommended position for large LEAs or LEAs that
plan to implement multiple TSDS components at the same time to help manage the
complexity of training and deployment within their LEA.|
See also: Champions
for ESCs 1-10 | Champions
for ESCs 11-20
(likely ESC Executive Director) that is responsible for leading TSDS deployment
within their region.|
Appointed member responsible for training and supporting LEA Unique ID Stewards in the use of TSDS Unique ID.|
|studentGPS® Dashboard |
|Appointed member that is responsible for training and
supporting LEA studentGPS® Dashboards Stewards in their region as their LEA |
launches and learns how to use the studentGPS® Dashboards.
|PEIMS Champion||Appointed member (likely PEIMS
Coordinator) that is responsible for training and supporting the LEA PEIMS
Coordinators as they transition to the new TSDS PEIMS process.|
member that is responsible for training and supporting LEA Data Stewards on how
to work with their source data vendors to ensure their data is properly loaded
into the Operational Data Store (ODS). |
|TEAL Champion ||Appointed member responsible for supporting LEA and ESC staff with TEAL access requests and related access issues.|