What is the Dashboard Data Mart?
Dashboard data is stored in a repository called the Dashboard Data Mart (DDM). The DDM stores the data and calculations that are displayed in the studentGPS™ Dashboards.
Dashboard Data Mart (DDM)
How Will the DDM Benefit my Local Education Agency?
- It allows local education agencies (LEAs—Texas school districts and charter schools) to repurpose data they collect for the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) plus other non-PEIMS data for immediate performance reporting.
- Provides manual and scheduled loading of the data to allow you to keep your dashboard data up-to-date.
- The Operational Data Store (ODS), TSDS PEIMS, and DDM all rely on the same set of standards, the Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS), which is an outgrowth of legacy PEIMS data standards and the new national-level Ed-Fi standards developed by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. Visit the Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) page.
- The data that is collected and calculated via the DDM is then displayed for internal education staff use only via the optional studentGPS™ Dashboards.
- TEA, the ESCs, and the LEAs will offer Training opportunities so you can learn how to get the most out of the DDM and the associated TSDS systems.
- If you have further questions, please visit the studentGPS™ and DDM FAQs page or contact TEA at TSDSdeployment@tea.state.tx.us.
NOTE: Loading dashboard data to TSDS is strictly optional. LEAs have no obligation to use the DDM or the studentGPS™ Dashboards. However, they provide a rich, sophisticated, empirical approach to teaching that help schools, classes, and individual students get more from their educational opportunities.
The studentGPS™ Dashboards are only accessible to authorized education staff.
Dashboard data flows from the ODS to the DDM, where it becomes available to education staff in the studentGPS™ Dashboards.