What is the Operational Data Store?
The Operational Data Store (ODS) is a repository for TSDS data where multiple years' education data are loaded, integrated, and stored for PEIMS, PET, and the studentGPS™ Dashboards.
Operational Data Store (ODS)
How will the ODS benefit my local education agency?
- It gives local education agencies (LEAs—Texas school districts and charter schools) access to a cloud-based no-cost warehouse for multiple years of education data.
- It provides no-cost mutual failover and disaster recovery services.
- It provides a single data repository that feeds TSDS PEIMS collections, the Person Enrollment Tracker (PET), and the studentGPS™ Dashboards.
- It lets LEAs retain control of their own data—TEA and ESCs can only access LEA data with LEA permission.
How is data loaded to the ODS?
Users create TEDS-compliant extracts from their local systems, and place them in their local Staging Area. The Data Transfer Utility, which also resides on the user's local system, interfaces with the online eDM Data Loads module to move the data into the ODS. Users can schedule loads using either the DTU or eDM Data Loads.
- The ODS uses the Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS), which are an outgrowth of legacy PEIMS data standards and the new national-level Ed-Fi standards developed by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. Visit the TEDS page for more information.
- To learn about training opportunities, visit TSDS Training.
- For more information, visit the ODS FAQs page.
- Contact TEA at TSDSdeployment@tea.state.tx.us.
The ODS is the central repository that integrates data across multiple years from the LEAs' education data systems. From the ODS, the data flows to PEIMS and the optional studentGPS™ Dashboards.