What is TSDS PEIMS?
TSDS PEIMS is the new software application for the state's Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS). LEAs load, validate, and submit their PEIMS data to TEA via TSDS PEIMS. The system also provides reports and access for the prior four years' collections.
How Will TSDS PEIMS Benefit my Local Education Agency?
- All PEIMS collections for the current school year will be open from the beginning of the school year.
- It allows partial data loads, helping you avoid unwanted data changes.
- It allows full PEIMS collection loads by Education Service Center (ESC), local education agency (LEA—Texas school district or charter school) or campus.
- It retains critical features from the legacy system, such as numerous report options and automated validation processes.
- It allows users to schedule automated data loads from the ODS to PEIMS.
For further details on TSDS PEIMS features, see TSDS Training.
TSDS PEIMS Resources
- The legacy PEIMS data standards have been updated and combined with the national-level Ed-Fi Core standards developed by the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. The new standards, called Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS), are available from the TEDS page of this website.
- Information about PDM and TEDS training is available on the TSDS Training page.
- This website is the clearinghouse for all PEIMS information for TSDS; for information about the legacy PEIMS system, see the TEA legacy PEIMS site.
- If you have further questions, please visit our PEIMS and PEIMS Data Mart FAQs or contact TEA at TSDSdeployment@tea.state.tx.us.
In the Education Data Warehouse, the PEIMS Data Mart accepts PEIMS data and allows the user to validate, submit, and generate reports on their PEIMS collections. TEA passes accepted data on to TPEIR, where it is aggregated for anonymity and becomes part of TPEIR's publicly released education data.