What are the studentGPS® Dashboards?
The dashboards are a collection of reports and metrics that provide educators with access to historical, timely, and predictive information on all students to help improve education outcomes for all Texas students.
Mapping Success for the Whole Student
How Will studentGPS® Dashboards Benefit my Local Education Agency?
- The dashboards will flag emerging issues such as problems in attendance, class work, and test performance as early as possible.
- These early warning flags will help teachers adjust their instruction to reverse negative academic trends.
- The studentGPS® Dashboards will provide instant access to analyzed data, instead of requiring requests to a data analyst for ad hoc reports.
- Loading dashboard data to TSDS is strictly optional. Local education agencies (LEAs—Texas school districts and charter schools) have no obligation to use the Dashboard Data Mart (DDM) or the studentGPS® Dashboards. However, they provide a rich, sophisticated, empirical approach to teaching that help schools, classes, and individual students get more from their educational opportunities.
Our partner, the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), selected the metrics that form the basis of the studentGPS® Dashboards from extensive research into existing education data scholarship. The metrics were validated through pilots in Texas LEAs and in other states.
- Once the studentGPS®™ Dashboards have been released to Texas LEAs, TEA will post online training materials to help you learn how to make the most of this data-rich resource.
- Review the Assessments page to prepare for loading student test data to the dashboards.
- Get the most out of your dashboards by implementing district policies encouraging the updating and use of dashboard data.
- If you have further questions, visit the studentGPS® and DDM FAQs page or contact TEA at TSDSdeployment@tea.state.tx.us
Dashboard Demonstration Videos
Dashboard Demonstration Videos - Links are to external sites
Student Study Team & Admission, Review, and Dismisal Meetings
Monitoring Attendance and Truancy
Student Goal Setting
Intervention Identification and Monitoring
Parent-Teacher Conference Preparation
| || |
Campus Improvement Planning
Dashboard Demo and Examples
The studentGPS® Dashboards integrate PEIMS and other education data that LEAs load to TSDS. The data flows from the Operational Data Store (ODS) to the Dashboard Data Mart (DDM), where it is transformed and calculated into actionable metrics. That data is then displayed in the studentGPS® Dashboards for teachers and other authorized education staff.