School Guidance and Counseling - Counseling Resources
The following external links provides information for counselers to assisst students in preparation for high school and life after high school.
Sallie Mae Fund of Financial Aid for Under-served Communities - Minority and low-income families Order Form
- Achieve Texas - Education initiative to combine academics with relevant career education
- High School Graduation Plan - Assist students and parents in selecting high school coursework over the four year high school experience.
- TRACK - TAKS Readiness and Core Knowledge - Master your high school course material and TEKS learning objectives, prepare for the TAKS tests required for graduation and be better prepared for college.
- The Texas Education Agency’s free brochure on financial aid: A Guide for Students and Parents About Higher Education is available for downloading, printing, and dissemination to students and their parents and/or guardians.
- Texas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (TASFAA) - The latest information about student services, financial aid, legislative news and more including Financial Aid training.
- College for Texans - Looking for one place to find all there is to know about going to college or technical school in Texas? Information on admissions, financial aid, and free test preparation are just a few areas of content found on the site.
- LMCI (Labor Market and Career Information) - Improves the way Texans make career and educational decisions by providing useful and reliable information about careers, educational training options and jobs.
- Reality Check - After High School you will need to pay for housing, transportation, clothes... Find out how much money you will need and which career will pay for all your needs.
- Texas Work Prep Learning Management System (LMS) - Help job seekers master an effective job search process by participating in three on-line courses.
The Counselors-in-Schools List will provide unscheduled notification of information, updates, changes, meetings, conferences, scholarships, etc. related to the duties of a school counselor
- Join the "Counselors in Schools" listserv
- Select the mailing list you would like to subscribe to [Counselors-in-Schools] list.
- You will be redirected to the listserv web interface where you can join, leave or change subscription options.
- To confirm your identity and prevent third parties from subscribing you to a list, an e-mail message with a confirmation code will be sent to the e-mail address you specify in the form.
- After receiving the confirmation, follow the instructions in the e-mail to confirm the operation and officially join the list.
For more information contact:
Page last modified on 8/10/2012 11:48:57 AM.