Teacher certification standards and Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exams have been developed and implemented for Career and Technical Education (CTE) program areas.
Work Experience, Licensure and Degree Information
- Three program areas require related work experience for certification and completion of an educator preparation program:
- Trade and Industrial Education (TIE)
- Health Science Technology Education (HSTE)
- Initial Marketing Education (MED)
- TIE and HSTE also require professional licensure or certification within the field to be taught.
- All certifications, except the Trade and Industrial Education (TIE), require at least a bachelor's degree.
- Marketing Education 8-12 may be added through Certification by Examination for Texas educators who hold a current valid classroom teaching certificate and verified work experience.
All initial program area certifications require successful completion of a Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) exam.
April 17, 2014
The Texas Education Agency today announced that
two students have been selected to represent Texas as delegates to the 2014
National Youth Science Camp. The National Youth Science Camp, one of the
nation’s premier programs in secondary science education, is an annual summer
forum where two delegates representing each state exchange ideas with leading
scientists and other professionals from academic and corporate worlds.
April 14, 2014
Texas Commissioner of
Education Michael Williams today announced his decision to appoint a board of
managers to oversee the management of the Beaumont Independent School District
(BISD). The Commissioner also announced his intent to name a new superintendent
for the district.
April 11, 2014
State Board of Education Friday broadened its call for new textbooks for Special
Topics in Social Studies to include but not be limited to, Mexican American
Studies, African American Studies, Native American Studies and Asian American
April 10, 2014
Commissioner of Education Michael
Williams announced that the 2013
Snapshot: School District Profiles is available on the Texas Education Agency website.