Teacher certification standards and Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exams have been developed and implemented for Career and Technical Education (CTE) program areas.
Work Experience, Licensure and Degree Information
- Three program areas require related work experience for certification and completion of an educator preparation program:
- Trade and Industrial Education (TIE)
- Health Science Technology Education (HSTE)
- Initial Marketing Education (MED)
- TIE and HSTE also require professional licensure or certification within the field to be taught.
- All certifications, except the Trade and Industrial Education (TIE), require at least a bachelor's degree.
- Marketing Education 8-12 may be added through Certification by Examination for Texas educators who hold a current valid classroom teaching certificate and verified work experience.
All initial program area certifications require successful completion of a Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) exam.
April 23, 2014
Almost 80 percent of 5thand 8th graders successfully passed the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) mathematics test on their first attempt in April, according to numbers released today by the Texas Education Agency.
April 22, 2014
A brief survey asking for input on the indicators that will form the new financial accountability system required by House Bill 5 is now available on the TEA website’s home page. The survey will be open until May 18. If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Accountability Division at (512) 463-9238.
April 17, 2014
The Texas Education Agency today announced that
two students have been selected to represent Texas as delegates to the 2014
National Youth Science Camp. The National Youth Science Camp, one of the
nation’s premier programs in secondary science education, is an annual summer
forum where two delegates representing each state exchange ideas with leading
scientists and other professionals from academic and corporate worlds.
April 14, 2014
Texas Commissioner of
Education Michael Williams today announced his decision to appoint a board of
managers to oversee the management of the Beaumont Independent School District
(BISD). The Commissioner also announced his intent to name a new superintendent
for the district.