To enroll your child in school, you will need to locate the correct school district, provide residency documentation, and get your child all state required immunizations. The following links provide additional information about the enrollment process:
- Use the AskTED (Texas Education Directory) search tool or the School District Locator to find schools and districts. Contact the district in your area for details on required enrollment documentation.
- Attendance, Admission, and Enrollment Records - Public Schools - Information about policies regarding attendance, admission, enrollment, and tuition at Texas public schools.
- 2013 Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal - Charter Schools - Information about admission, enrollment, and withdrawal at Texas charter schools.
- Learn the Prekindergarten Eligibility requirements. For more information regarding prekindergarten eligibility for three- and four-year-olds, visit the eligibility section of the Prekindergarten Frequently Asked Questions site.
- Texas Department of Health Immunization Requirements - Learn which immunizations are required by the Texas Deparment of Health.
- Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) - Learn about the national school lunch program.
- Parents who are having problems enrolling a child in general education programs may call 512-463-9290 or email General Inquiry for assistance.
- Parents who are having difficulty enrolling an eligible child in special education programs may call 1-800-252-9668 or email Special Education for assistance.
Note: The external links on this page are neither owned nor maintained by TEA. They are provided as a service to the public. The opinions expressed on the sites may not reflect the positions of the Agency. All URLs listed in this site have been tested for accuracy. Content accuracy and appropriateness, however, cannot be guaranteed over time as websites and their contents change constantly. The Agency takes no responsibility for difficulties which may result from the use of any website listed herein. Please notify the Webmaster if you find any dead links or inappropriate material.
May 21, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael L. Williams today announced he has approved a proposal presented to the Texas Education Agency in a memorandum of understanding that establishes an academic partnership between the Premont Independent School District and Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
May 20, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael L. Williams today joined representatives of Think Through Math (TTM), a Web-based math program, at a ceremony presenting a check for $11,367 to the American Red Cross West, Texas Relief Fund.
April 30, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael L. Williams announced today that he will attend the first formal meeting of the El Paso Independent School District (EPISD) board of managers. The meeting, which will include an official swearing-in ceremony and selection of board officers, will take place on Tuesday, May 7, in El Paso.
April 24, 2013
Commissioner Michael L. Williams today met with administrators, educators and students in the West Independent School District to assess the district’s needs for the remainder of the school year. West ISD began classes this week following a tragic explosion that devastated the community on April 17.