To enroll your child in school, you will need to locate the correct school district, provide residency documentation, and get your child all state required immunizations. The following links provide additional information about the enrollment process:
- Use the AskTED (Texas Education Directory) search tool or the School District Locator to find schools and districts. Contact the district in your area for details on required enrollment documentation.
- Attendance, Admission, and Enrollment Records - Public Schools - Information about policies regarding attendance, admission, enrollment, and tuition at Texas public schools.
- 2013 Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal - Charter Schools - Information about admission, enrollment, and withdrawal at Texas charter schools.
- Learn the Prekindergarten Eligibility requirements. For more information regarding prekindergarten eligibility for three- and four-year-olds, visit the eligibility section of the Prekindergarten Frequently Asked Questions site.
- Texas Department of Health Immunization Requirements - Learn which immunizations are required by the Texas Deparment of Health.
- Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) - Learn about the national school lunch program.
- Parents who are having problems enrolling a child in general education programs may call 512-463-9290 or email General Inquiry for assistance.
- Parents who are having difficulty enrolling an eligible child in special education programs may call 1-800-252-9668 or email Special Education for assistance.
Note: The external links on this page are neither owned nor maintained by TEA. They are provided as a service to the public. The opinions expressed on the sites may not reflect the positions of the Agency. All URLs listed in this site have been tested for accuracy. Content accuracy and appropriateness, however, cannot be guaranteed over time as websites and their contents change constantly. The Agency takes no responsibility for difficulties which may result from the use of any website listed herein. Please notify the Webmaster if you find any dead links or inappropriate material.
December 09, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael Williams announced today that he has named Monica Martinez as Associate Commissioner for Standards and Programs for the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
December 05, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael Williams today joined Milken Family Foundation Co-Founder and Chairman Lowell Milken in presenting the 2013 Milken Educator Award to Christal Bookhamer, an eighth-grade science teacher in the Joshua Independent School District (JISD).
December 03, 2013
Commissioner of Education Michael Williams announced today he has selected Margie Johnson – an attorney with more than 15 years of prosecutorial experience – to lead the new Texas Education AgencyOffice of Complaints, Investigations and School Accountability.
December 03, 2013
The newly published 2014 Texas School Law Bulletin is available for purchase. The Bulletin is current through the 83rd Legislative Regular and Special Sessions. The cost is $65 per copy. The cost per copy for non-profit institutions is $60. The Texas Education Agency accepts purchase orders from Texas educational institutions and government agencies only. Checks or purchase orders should be made out to the Texas Education Agency, William B. Travis Building, 1701 N. Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701-1494. Customers may also purchase a copy of the Bulletin by contacting contact Ruth Ann Palm at (512) 463-9744 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.