Speak Up, a national online research project facilitated by Project Tomorrow®, gives individuals the opportunity to share their viewpoints about key educational topics. Each year, findings are summarized and shared with national and state leaders. Participating schools and districts can access their data online, free-of-charge.
Speak Up provides participating schools, districts, and non-profit organizations with a suite of online surveys and reports to collect authentic feedback from students, educators, and parents.
The top three reasons schools and districts participate in Speak Up are to:
- Collect unique data from their stakeholders.
- Conduct a needs assessment and create a vision for 21st century learning.
- Use the data to create and inform technology initiatives or create strategic plans.
Across the nation, educators tell us that Speak Up:
- Gives them a better understanding of issues important to their stakeholders.
- Provides a mechanism to empower students to voice their opinions.
- Provides meaningful input into their planning process.
- Enhances their ability to implement technology initiatives more closely aligned to students’ expectations and needs.
- Helps identify meaningful benchmarks for measuring success.
Since 2003, educators from over 30,000 schools have used the Speak Up data to create and implement their vision for 21st century learning.
For more information, visit: http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2012.
Project Tomorrow conducts the Speak Up National Research Project. Project Tomorrow is a national education nonprofit group based in Irvine, California.
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701