Out of State Certified Educators
Educators seeking certification in Texas must apply for a review of credentials.
- Create a TEA Online Account
- Complete application and pay $180 non-refundable fee
- Submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges
- Submit copies of all certificates, front and back
- Important Note for Educators with Student Services or Administration Certification: If you hold a stand-alone certificate in student services or administration but do not hold a classroom teaching certificate, you will need to submit documentation of two years of acceptable school experience in the area of your certificate. Acceptable documentation should be sent in the form of an official school service record (PDF, MB 1.01).
Educators who have completed the review of credentials and are found to be eligible may be issued a One Year Certificate. During the one year period of this nonrenewable certificate, the educator must complete all appropriate tests.
Once all Texas requirements are completed, educators may apply online for a Standard Certificate
Educators who have completed a test that is found to be comparable to a Texas test, may request an exemption from the Texas test.
Page last modified on 6/17/2013 08:18:34 AM.