T-STEM Aerospace Rocketry Program
The T-STEM Aerospace/Rocketry Program was awarded to IGNITE, an educational nonprofit, to implement the SystemsGo Aeroscience program. The Rocketry program provides professional development and support to teachers to implement upper level courses in up to 20 high schools. The program enables students to participate in hands-on, project based engineering and technology programs and competitions.
STEM Aerospace/Rocketry Program seeks to:
- Promote engineering studies and research
- Develop workforce skills
- Encourage students to graduate from high school and enter academic and career paths in STEM fields that lead to careers in the engineering industries.
Targeted campuses for the Rocketry program are T-STEM academies and other Texas High School Project campuses.
- Eighty percent (80%) of the students in the SystemsGo Aeroscience program have continued on to study engineering in college, with many starting careers at major space-related companies such as NASA and the United Space Alliance.
- Each spring, students from participating high schools gather to launch their rockets designed and built in the SystemsGo Aeroscience program.
- IGNITE is currently selecting interested campuses.
- FY 2010 (November 16, 2009 - February 29, 2012) - $250,000
- General Appropriations Act, Article III, Rider 51, 2009
- Texas Education Code §39.235
National Math and Science Initiative: IGNITE - SystemsGo AeroScience
Federal & State Education Policy
1701 North Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
Page last modified on 4/23/2014 01:06:55 PM.