Masking refers to the use of special symbols to conceal data for the purpose of protecting student confidentiality. The Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis System (PBMAS) masks data in order to comply with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Data is masked by concealing information that could lead to the identification, either directly or indirectly, of a student. These masking rules are techincal resources developed to explain compliance with FERPA.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access these masking rules. If you have any difficulties accessing documents, please contact Performance-Based Monitoring by phone at (512) 936-6426 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Year Rules
- District and Region
- 2011 - Current Year PBMAS Masking Rules (PDF)
Prior Year Rules
- 2009 - 2010 PBMAS Masking Rules (PDF)
- 2004 - 2008 PBMAS Masking Rules (PDF)
- 2008 - 2010 PBMAS Regional Masking Rules (PDF)
- 2007 - Please refer to the 2004-2008 PBMAS Masking Rules above
Contact Performance-Based Monitoring if you have any questions.
Phone: (512) 936-6426