Vision 2020 Grant Program Cycle 2 Technology Immersion Strand
The following applicants have been preliminarily selected to receive a grant for the Technology Immersion Strand of the Vision 2020 Grant Program Cycle 2.
The purpose of this strand is to provide schools with funding necessary to implement the six components of technology immersion:
- a wireless mobile computing device for each educator and student on an immersed campus to ensure on-demand technology access at school and at home;
- productivity, communication, and presentation software for use as learning tools;
- online instructional resources that support the state curriculum in English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies (all four curriculum areas are required for grant);
- online assessment tools to diagnose students’ strengths and weaknesses or to assess mastery of the core curriculum;
- professional development for teachers to help them integrate technology into teaching, learning, and the curriculum; and
- initial and ongoing technical and pedagogical support.
September 1, 2009 – June 30, 2011
List of Awardees
Corpus Christi ISD
Hale Center ISD
San Saba ISD
West Rusk ISD
Jeanne Rankin (Funding)
Terry Wyatt (Program)
Instructional Materials & Educational Technology
Page last modified on 11/19/2010.