Test Registration and Preparation
Each test is administered by a testing vendor – the list of current tests shows which vendor administers which test. Test-takers need an approval to test, unless they are PACT: Pre-Admission Content Testing candidates.
Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES), Texas Examinations of Master Teachers (TExMaT), Texas Assessment of Sign Communication (TASC and TASC-ASL)
ACTFL, through its testing division Language Testing International (LTI), administers oral and written examinations in a number of languages for Texas teachers, for use both with Bilingual Education certificates or Languages Other Than English (LOTE) certificates.
- Go to the LTI registration page (outside source)
- Click "Apply for an Academic test."
- Click "TX Teachers Only"
- Click either "Bilingual Educators" or "World Language (LOTE) Teachers," depending on which certificate you're pursuing.
- Read the next page and choose the OPI application or WPT application.
- Read the next page and click "continue".
- Read the next page, check the box and click "continue".
- Enter your information and register from there.
American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
Foreign Language and Bilingual Exams
|Arabic - LOTE and Bilingual
||Japanese - LOTE and Bilingual
|Chinese (Mandarin) - LOTE and Bilingual
||Russian - LOTE only
|Hindi - LOTE only
||Turkish - LOTE only
|Italian - LOTE only
||Vietnamese - LOTE and Bilingual
|Texas passing standards on ACTFL tests (69.27, KB)
All Family & Consumer Sciences exams and study guides used for Texas certification can be found on the AAFCS website.
Page last modified on 7/19/2012.