Texas Head Start Collaboration Office (THSCO) (April 2013)
- Texas Early Childhood Program Standards Comparison Tool
- The Texas Early Childhood Program Standards Comparison Tool is a searchable database of early childhood program standards, categorized by topic. Federal and state program standards, as well as other national and state program accreditations, are included in the tool. The goal of the tool is to provide information about various program standards and accreditations to support increased collaboration among early childhood programs.
Texas Early Learning Council (March 2013)
Texas Early Learning Council (January 2013)
- The new Texas Core Competencies for Early Childhood Practitioners and Administrators are available now! The Core Competencies are statements about the knowledge and skills that early childhood professionals should be able to demonstrate to be successful in their careers. The Core Competencies are a critical piece of the Texas Early Childhood Professional Development System.
- Texas Core Competencies for Early Childhood Practitioners and Administrators
Kindergarten Readiness System-PreK Center of Excellence Designations for 2012 (November 2012)
- The Texas Education Agency (TEA), in partnership with Regional Education Service Center (ESC) 17 have made designations to providers participating in the 2010-2011 Prekindergarten Early Start (PKES) grant and Texas School Ready! programs.
- PreK Center of Excellence List for 2012 (Outside Source)
Early Childhood Outcomes & Prekindergarten Guidelines Alignment (November 2011)
- Recently, the agency commissioned a companion document to the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines known as the Early Childhood Outcomes & Prekindergarten Guidelines Alignment. This document is designed to align each Prekindergarten Guideline to one or more of the three Early Childhood Outcomes, and provide educators and families with discussion prompts to explain how each outcome relates to the Guideline. This document also provides modifications and adaptations for children with special needs. (ECO)
Prekindergarten Prepares is a new website with resources for parents and educators. The parent site includes: benefits, eligibility, a healthy child and find a school. The educator site includes: a toolkit to provide outreach materials for schools and communities, best practices, advice, and the prekindergarten guidelines. (September 2011)
Department of Federal and State Education Policy: 512-936-6060
Gina S. Day, email@example.com
Howard Morrison, firstname.lastname@example.org