Marketing Education 8-12 Certification by Examination Instructions for ISD's
Step-by-step instructions for Texas Independent School Districts (ISD's) and Educators
- The educator must hold a current valid classroom Texas teaching certificate, (66.07, KB)
- complete the appropriate Statement Of Qualifications (SOQ) form for ISD’s (262.95, KB), and
- submit the completed SOQ to a Texas ISD.
- The SOQ must be reviewed and verified by an authorized certified school administrator.
- Upon approval of the SOQ, the school district will submit verification of the approval to the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Upon receipt of verification, TEA will review and approve the Marketing Education 8-12 exam.
- An email will be sent to the educator and the school district once exam approval has been given.
- To view completed exams, educators must utilize the TEA website, not the results posted on the Educational Testing Service website.
- Educators should login to their TEA account and select “view examinations” from the main menu to view all exams results.
- The educator must call TEA at 512-936-8400, option 2, when able to be on a computer for step by step instructions on how to apply for the certification.
Once the application has been completed and the $77 fee paid, TEA will process the application.
For School Districts only
- Please email your request to obtain the School District Approval form, including the district phone number, certified administrators TEA ID number and direct district email for confirmation. This form will not be sent at the request of an educator. The request must come from the district.
- Please email your questions regarding specific work experience not found in the Texas Administrative Code (19 TAC §233.14) to the Curriculum Division.
- School districts should establish procedures to designate the certified school district certified administrator who will review the SOQ.
- The authorized administrators should also notify the Human Resource Department because the addition of this certification may impact creditable years of service for salary increment purposes. [19 TAC §153.1021 (i)]
Page last modified on 10/17/2012.