Marketing Education 8-12 Certification by Examination
Requesting a Statement of Qualifications from an Educator Preparation Program offering Marketing Education 8-12
- The educator must hold a current valid classroom Texas teaching certificate, (PDF, KB 66.07)
- complete the appropriate Statement Of Qualifications (SOQ) [PDF, KB 305.40] form for Educator Preparation Program’s (EPP's) and
- submit the completed SOQ to an approved program.
- The SOQ must be reviewed and verified by the program.
- If the educator is eligible, the approved program will give exam approval for the Marketing Education 8-12 exam.
- To view completed exams, educators must utilize the TEA website, not the results posted on the Educational Testing Service website. Educators should login to their TEA account and select “view examinations” from the main menu to view all exams results.
- Once the successful results of the Marketing Education 8-12 exam are in the educator’s file at TEA, the educator must call TEA at 512-936-8400, option 2, when able to be on a computer for step by step instructions on how to apply for the certification.
- Once the application has been completed and the $77 fee paid, TEA will process the application.
For Educator Preparation Programs Only
- Educator preparation programs will give exam approval for the Marketing Education 8-12 exam.
- Please notify the educator through email once exam approval has been given.
Page last modified on 10/17/2012.