State Performance Plan: Indicator 7
Percent of preschool children with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) who demonstrate improved:
- Positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships);
- Acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language/ communication and early literacy); and
- Use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs.
Based upon the specifics designated within indicator 7 and the requirements to report data for all local education agencies (LEAs), the state will use the Early Childhood Outcome Center’s Childhood Outcomes Summary Form (COSF) model as a method for developing an Early Childhood Outcomes Measurement System. The COSF is a template which allows LEA staff to record multiple sources of assessment information regarding a student’s level of functioning in each of the prescribed outcome areas. The form also serves as a template for converting individualized assessment data into a consistent system for statewide reporting.
Comprehensive details regarding the parameters of the COSF model are presented on the ECO Center’s website within the Overview of the Child Outcomes Summary Form (September 2006). Also available on the ECO Center's website is the list of assessment instrument crosswalks that link assessment instrument scores to the COSF 7-point rating scale.
SPP 7 Data Collection Timeline
- Application will open January 6, 2014
- Application will close on August 29, 2014
- The application will only allow data from the current fiscal year to be entered.
- Date services "Began" or "Ended" must be between July 1, 2013-June 30, 2014.
SPP 7 Data Collection Resources
Technical Assistance and Training
Preschool Consultants located at each of the 20 Education Service Centers are available to provide technical assistance and have scheduled training for the collection of this data using the Early Childhood Outcomes Form (COSF).
Division of Federal and State Education Policy
1701 North Congress Avenue | Austin, Texas 78701-1494
Telephone: 512.463.9414 | Fax: 512.463.9560