TEAL account and password help
Instructions for creating a TEAL account, requesting access to applications, selecting a secure password, and resetting forgotten passwords.
Linking TEASE Accounts
You may have some applications secured by TEAL while others are secured by TEASE. You can link TEAL and TEASE.
- Under the Self-Service section, click the Link TEASE Accounts link.
- The Link TEASE Account page appears.
- Click the Link a TEASE account button.
- Click in the TEASE User ID field to enter your TEASE user username.
- Click in the TEASE Password field to enter your TEASE password.
- Click in the Confirm Password field to retype the password.
- Click the Submit button.
- A message appears that the request was successfully submitted.
- Click the Refresh account list button.
Your TEASE account is now linked to the TEAL system. You can now access your TEASE applications from TEAL.
Note: You can no longer use this TEASE username to directly log in to TEASE.
Creating a New TEAL Account
Accounts for all TEAL applications are requested online. To verify that you need a TEAL account, visit the TEA Secure Applications page and look up the name of the application, which is listed alphabetically in the table. This table provides instructions for requesting access to all TEA applications.
To apply for access to a TEAL account:
- Go to the TEA Login page.
- Cick Request New User Account.
- Fill in the form and submit it. You will receive an email with your account information.
When you log on for the first time, you must signify your assurances about the treatment of secure data and select and provide answers to three security questions. Be sure to note the exact form you use to answer the questions, because if you forget your password, you will need to provide the answers in their exact form.
Requesting Access to an Application
- Log in to TEAL.
- Click My Application Accounts under Self-Service.
- Click Request New Account.
- Complete the requested information and save the changes. The request is submitted to the system. After it is approved and created, you will receive an email notifying you that the account is available.
Tips for Selecting a Secure Password
Passwords are important because they protect your work from the malicious acts of others. Follow these tips to select a secure password:
- Select a password that contains numeric, alphabetic, and special characters.
- Select a password that is at least eight characters long.
- Never tell your password to others.
- Select a password you can remember. Use a mnemonic phrase substituting numbers and special characters for some of the characters.
- If you have trouble remembering your password, write it down in a well-concealed place — not on a yellow sticky note attached to your monitor or under your keyboard.
TEAL Password Guidelines
- Must be 8-30 characters
- Must contain the following character types: letters, numbers, and special characters (for example - #, *, $, or @)
- Must not include your username
- Must not contain variations of the word "password"
- Must not contain a character repeated more than two times
- Must not be the same as your previous ten passwords
Resetting Your Password
If you forget your password:
- Go to the TEA Login page.
- Click Forgot your password?.
- Type your user name and click Submit.
- The system responds with the three security questions you selected. Answer the questions exactly as you entered them when you set up your account and click Submit. If you answered the questions correctly, you will receive an email with a new password, which you must change as soon as you log in again.
If you are in TEAL and want to change your password:
- Click Change My Password.
- Type your old password.
- Type your new password.
- Confirm your new password by typing it again.
- Click Change Password.
Page last modified on 3/26/2012 08:19:14 AM.