Educator Login

Follow us...  
Twitter Flickr You Tube Logo facebook

Enrolling Your Child in School

Every child in Texas has the right to a free public education. A child may attend school in the school district in which he lives or enroll in other options, such as charter schools.

To enroll your child in school, you will need to locate a school, provide residency documentation, and get your child all state required immunizations or provide a valid exemption from the immunization requirements. The following links provide additional information about the enrollment process:

Locate your school district

Use the AskTED (Texas Education Directory) search tool or the School District Locator to find schools and districts. Contact the district in your area for details on required enrollment documentation.

Understand admission and eligibility requirements

Attendance, Admission, and Enrollment Records - Public Schools - Information about policies regarding attendance, admission, enrollment, and tuition at Texas public schools. 

2014 Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal - Charter Schools - Information about admission, enrollment, and withdrawal at Texas charter schools.

Prekindergarten Eligibility requirements - Information about prekindergarten eligibility and enrollment. For more information, visit the eligibility section of the Prekindergarten Frequently Asked Questions.

Get your child immunized

Texas Department of Health Immunization Requirements (outside source) - Learn which immunizations are required by the Texas Deparment of Health.

Parent resources

Child Nutrition Programs (outside source) - Learn about the national school lunch program

Texas Project First (outside source) - Resources for parents of special education students

Foster Care Information - Resources for those who provide support to children in foster care

Homeless issues FAQ - Information for parents of homeless and displaced students

Migrant Education Program - Resources for migrant students enrolled in Texas schools

Need assistance?

Parents who are having problems enrolling a child in general education programs may call 512-463-9290 or email General Inquiry for assistance.

Parents who are having difficulty enrolling an eligible child in special education programs may call 1-800-252-9668 or email Special Education for assistance.



Note: The external links on this page are neither owned nor maintained by TEA.

Page last modified on 8/19/2014 12:05:20 PM.