The Texas Advanced Placement (AP) /International Baccalaureate (IB) Program was established to recognize and reward students, teachers, and schools that demonstrate success in achieving the educational goals of the state. One of the awards available through this program is the Teacher Training Reimbursement (TTR). This incentive program allows the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to reimburse districts in an amount up to $450 for each AP/IB or pre-AP/IB teacher attending qualified training.
2013 Teacher Training Reimbursement
In support of the AP and IB programs, applications and information for the 2013 Teacher Training Reimbursement (TTR) are now available. The deadline for a campus/district to make application for these awards is Friday, November 1, 2013.
For information regarding the 2012-2013 AP/IB Incentive Program, please see the April 2013 To the Administrator Addressed letter.
Guidelines for 2013 Teacher Training Reimbursements
In accordance with state law, funding priority for teacher training reimbursements will be given to teachers at public school campuses that do not offer AP or IB courses. Funding priorities are as follows:
- Eligible teachers at campuses that will offer new AP/IB programs in the 2013-2014 school year, including IB candidate schools, will be eligible for the cost of training up to $450.
- Eligible teachers of courses that will be revised for the 2013-2014 school year will be eligible for the cost of training up to $450. New courses for 2013-2014 include the following:
Any remaining TTR funds will be distributed evenly among all remaining eligible teachers. Please note that the amount of the reimbursement for this priority will not be known until all reimbursement applications have been received and approved.
- AP Chemistry
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
A teacher may receive the Teacher Training Reimbursement once every three years. If a teacher received a reimbursement for the 2011 TTR, they are NOT eligible for the 2013 TTR.
Teachers must complete a 24-hour or longer TEA-approved Pre-AP or AP training or an 18-hour or longer TEA-approved pre-IB or IB training. Conferences and workshops are NOT eligible for the TTR.
Programs which qualify for the TTR are:
- A College Board endorsed pre-AP or AP institute of 24 hours or longer
- An IB endorsed training of at least 18 hours or longer for candidate or authorized IB schools
- A science, math, or English 30-hour training provided by the National Math and Science Initiative (formerly Laying the Foundation)
- Springboard Training
- Confer Mentoring 30-hour training
2013 AP/IB Incentive Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 42KB)
1. Teachers fill out the 2013 TTR Teacher Application and submit the application with a certificate of completion to the authorized campus/district contact.
2. The campus/district contact collects all teacher applications and compiles information for any eligible teacher in the 2013 Campus/District TTR Application.
3. Each campus/district contact emails the completed 2013 Campus/District TTR Application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 1, 2013. Please note the following requirements for emailing the Campus/District TTR Application.
- TTR applications must be submitted through Accellion, a secure file transfer protocol. For more information on submitting an email through Accellion, please visit http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=25769803776.
- The email must come from the email address of the responsible party-the campus principal/coordinator or the superintendent-appointed district coordinator. This is the person taking responsibility for all information in the application.
- The body of the email must contain the following statement of certification:
I, [name], [title], for [campus/district name] have verified the information submitted to the Texas Education Agency via this email and attached document and certify its truth and accuracy.
- Do not mail or fax the information. Mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
Please Note: The process for applying for TTR is an evolving one. Please visit each link below and read all directions carefully. Contact TEA staff at email@example.com with any questions related to the Texas AP/IB Incentive Program.
TTR Documents for 2013
2013 Teacher Application (PDF, 114KB)
2013 Campus/District Application - Please request this form from TEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Campus/District Instructions (PDF, 47KB)
2013 Potentially Approved Courses (PDF, 50KB)
Texas Education Agency
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78701-1401