Subchapter D - Required Resources and Information
- Mandatory Applicant Information Sessions
- The applicant information sessions for Generation 19 were conducted on Friday, February 7, 2014 and Friday, March 7, 2014
- Application Submission Date
- Nineteenth Generation Applications for charter are due to the Texas Education Agency on or before 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST), Thursday, March 27, 2014.
- To be considered, an application, and the required number of identical photocopies of the application, must be stamped “received” at the TEA visitors’ reception area on the second floor of the William B. Travis building (1701 N. Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701) or delivered by U.S. Mail or other carrier to the following address: Division of Charter School Administration, Texas Education Agency, 1701 N. Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701.
- Applications or portions of applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Selected Laws and Rules Applicable to Open-Enrollment Charters
- Additional Information
Applicants intending to apply as nonprofit corporations exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code MUST have tax exempt status established and the determination letters from the Internal Revenue Service included in the application submissions.
Be advised that the process of establishing a nonprofit entity is completed directly with the Internal Revenue Service and is a lengthy process. A 501(c)(3) determination letter must be submitted with the application in order for the application to be found complete.
If you have questions relating to the RFA and/or the application process, please contact Division of Charter School Administration at (512) 463-9575.
Division of Charter School Administration
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 463-9575