Provides a new funding formula to include $23.63 per Weighted Average Daily Attendance to “educators” as specified under §5.001 of the TEC.
- Provides school districts and charters schools with new funding equal to $23.63 per student in weighted average daily attendance (WADA). This funding will be delivered in addition to the state funds needed to obtain the revenue target per WADA in accordance with Section 42.2516(b), i.e., these funds will be delivered in addition to the property tax relief hold harmless provisions.
- Does not increase the state minimum salary schedule (Texas Education Code §21.402). Funds in Rider 86 are dedicated to pay increases for “educators”, which is a larger group of employees than those eligible for the state minimum salary. We will use the definition of “educator” in TEC 5.001, meaning anyone required to hold an SBEC-issued certificate.
- Does not require across-the-board raise for any group.
- Does require districts to use funds to increase educator salaries, but not all educators and not all the same amount.
- Does not require districts to pay an increase in the salaries that were paid to an employee this year.
- Requires districts to report the amounts expended on classroom teacher salary increases and other minimum salary-eligible employees to the Texas Education Agency. We will consider local schedules that increase an individual’s pay beyond this year’s salary (including local step increases) as counting for purposes of compliance with the rider.
Page last modified on 7/22/2010 09:18:11 AM.