Career and Technical Education Requirements
Teacher certification standards and Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exams have been developed and implemented for Career and Technical Education (CTE) program areas.
Work Experience, Licensure and Degree Information
- Three program areas require related work experience for certification and completion of an educator preparation program:
- Trade and Industrial Education (TIE)
- Health Science Technology Education (HSTE)
- Initial Marketing Education (MED)
- TIE and HSTE also require professional licensure or certification within the field to be taught.
- All certifications, except the Trade and Industrial Education (TIE), require at least a bachelor's degree.
- Marketing Education 8-12 may be added through Certification by Examination for Texas educators who hold a current valid classroom teaching certificate (PDF 66.07, KB) classroom teaching certificate and verified work experience.
All initial program area certifications require successful completion of a Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) exam.
Page last modified on 6/17/2013 08:18:17 AM.