Step by step process to renew your Standard Certificate
- Log into your online account or register as a new user to create an online account. If you forgot your username and password, you may recover it by clicking the ‘Forgot Your Username and Password’ link. You will then be required to enter your last name, social security number and date of birth to access your username and password. You will need to keep your name and address current.
- Once logged in, click on 'Applications.'
- Then click 'Renew a Standard Certificate.'
- Confirm completion of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) clock hours. (educational aides are exempt from CPE requirement)
- Submit online application and continue to the payment page. Automatic bank draft option. Credit and debit cards accepted. Please have account information readily available to avoid system time out issues.
Pass a criminal back ground check. The system will prompt you if fingerprinting is required. If fingerprint is required, the certificate will not be issued until fingerprinting is complete. If you have questions regarding fingerprinting, please contact the fingerprint department at 512-936-8400, option 3.
- If you time out and do not get to the payment screen, re-log into your online account and click on the 'Application/Fee Status' link. This link will verify any pending applications and you can pay online by clicking the red letters that say 'Pay Online Now.'
- After your certificate is issued, you may view and print the certificate online by clicking 'Certificate Lookup' or by logging into your online account and clicking on 'View Certificates.'
Page last modified on 8/9/2011 04:02:16 PM.