Step by step process to renew your Standard Certificate
- A TEA Login (TEAL) account is required to access your educator account to renew a certificate. Please follow the instructions to set up your TEAL account.
- Once in TEAL select 'Educator' to login to your Educator Certification Online System (ECOS) account.
- Once you are in your ECOS account, click on ‘Applications’ and then ‘Renew a Standard Certificate’.
- Confirm completion of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) clock hours. (educational aides are exempt from CPE requirement)
- Follow the prompts to submit the online application and continue to the payment page.
- Pass a criminal back ground check. The system will prompt you if fingerprinting is required. If fingerprints are required, the certificate will not be issued until fingerprinting is complete. If you have questions regarding fingerprinting, please contact the fingerprint department at 512-936-8400, option 3.
- After your certificate has issued, you may view and print the certificate online by logging into your TEAL account. From TEAL click on 'Educator' to access your ECOS account, then click on ‘View Certificates’ from the blue main menu. You must use internet explorer to correctly view and print your certificate.
Page last modified on 3/20/2014 10:01:07 AM.