The State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) may take the following disciplinary actions against an educator’s certification:
- place restrictions on the issuance, renewal, or holding of a certificate, either indefinitely or for a set term;
- issue an inscribed or non-inscribed reprimand;
- suspend a certificate for a set term or issue a probated suspension for a set term;
- revoke or cancel, which includes accepting the surrender of a certificate without opportunity for reapplication for a set term or permanently or
- impose any additional conditions or restrictions upon a certificate as deemed necessary by the SBEC.
Note--Actions are defined in Glossary Terms for Virtual Certificate linked below.
List of Disciplinary Actions Taken against Texas Educators:
Glossary Terms for the Virtual Certificate (PDF, 49KB)