Special Education Due Process Hearing Decisions
The Office of Legal Services is responsible for the public dissemination of special education due process hearing decisions in accordance with 20 U.S.C. §§1415(h)(4)(A) and 1417(c). Section 1415(h)(4)(A) requires that hearing decisions be made available to the public consistent with the requirements of section 1417(c) relating to the confidentiality of data, information, and records. Section 1417(c) requires the protection of the confidentiality of any personally identifiable data, information, and records collected or maintained by the Secretary of Education and by state and local education agencies.
Prior to public dissemination of a hearing decision, the Office of Legal Services will remove the following information from the decision:
- Name, including initials, of student and parents
- Student's age
- Student's grade
- Campus name, including "elementary", "middle" or "high"
- Names (but not titles) of all district and campus personnel
- Names (but not titles) of all private providers
- All other student information that directly identifies a student or that if disclosed would allow the student's identity to be easily traced
Due Process Hearing Decisions issued in 2014 (Jan-Dec 2014)
Due Process Hearing Decisions issued in 2013 (Jan-Dec 2013)
Due Process Hearing Decisions issued in 2012 (Jan-Dec 2012)
Due Process Hearing Decisions issued in 2011 (Jan-Dec 2011)
Due Process Hearing Decisions issued in 2010 (Jan-Dec 2010)
Page last modified on 8/1/2014 12:57:14 PM.