The Accountability Research Unit in the Division of Research and Analysis is responsible for research and policy analysis on state and federal accountability measures, education policy research, development of public school data and information systems, and reports on educational progress in Texas public schools. The unit also manages AskTED, the Web-based application that provides school district and campus organization and contact information, and provides administrative support to a Texas Education Agency committee responsible for reviewing agency data collections.
The unit develops indicators and measures for high school completion, graduation, dropouts, grade-level retention, college entrance examinations (SAT and ACT), and advanced courses (Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate). The measures are used in the Academic Excellence Indicator System (AEIS), state and federal accountability, performance-based monitoring, and numerous state and federal reports. Moreover, the unit publishes annual reports and searchable databases on the measures. The unit also coordinates and publishes an annual report on enrollment trends, the Comprehensive Annual Report to the Texas Legislature on Texas Public Schools, and a number of special reports on education in Texas.
Navigating Our Website
Navigate the Accountability Research website by following the links listed below or in the red menu on the left side of the page. The red menu organizes information both by topic and by type of product.
Following is a list of the latest reports, data searches, and other documents and announcements from Accountability Research. You may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF versions of the reports.
- Grade-Level Retention in Texas Public Schools, 2011-12 (November 2013), PDF (1.4 MB)
- Processing of District Four-Year Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2012 (August 2013), PDF (240 KB)
- Processing of District Five-Year Extended Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2011 (August 2013), PDF (252 KB)
- Processing of District Six-Year Extended Graduation and Dropout Rates, Class of 2010 (August 2013), PDF (239 KB)
- Advanced Placement Examination Results in Texas and the United States, 2011-12 (August 2013), PDF (301 KB)
- Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Examination Results in Texas Public Schools, 2010-11 (August 2013), PDF (944 KB)
- Advanced Placement Examination Results in Texas and the United States, 2010-11 (August 2013), PDF (301 KB)
- Secondary School Completion and Dropouts in Texas Public Schools, 2011-12 (August 2013), PDF (1.8 MB)
- Enrollment in Texas Public Schools, 2011-12 (December 2012), PDF (847 KB)
- The National Governors Association Compact Rate: A Comprehensive Approach to Improved Accuracy and Consistency in High School Graduation Rates, Class of 2010 Update (February 2012), PDF (172 KB)
- Update to Annual Dropout, Completion, and Graduation Rate Reporting; Texas Assessment Conference, December 2011, PDF (281 KB)
- College Admissions Testing of Graduating Seniors in Texas High Schools, Class of 2010 (October 2011), PDF (718 KB)
- 2010 Comprehensive Annual Report on Texas Public Schools (December 2010), PDF (5.4 MB)
For questions or comments, please e-mail the Division of Research and Analysis, Accountability Research Unit, or contact the unit by phone at 512-475-3523.
This page last updated November 22, 2013.
Return to the top of the page