Newly Opened/Significantly Expanded Charter Schools; 2011–2012 Special Education Data Request
January 23, 2012
TO THE CHARTER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Special Charter School Report of Students Enrolled and Students with Disabilities Receiving Special Education Services through Public Law
108-446 (Newly Opened and Significantly Expanded)
The purpose of this letter is to request child count data from charter school officials to determine eligibility for 2012–2013 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Part B (IDEA-B) final allocations. This submission is available for a newly opened and/or significantly expanded charter school that provides special education services to eligible students with disabilities based on current Full and Individual Evaluations (FIEs) and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). The instructions for this data report are enclosed to provide information detailing how to enter, certify, and submit the child counts.
The child count data must be reported in the eGrants system, which can be accessed through the Texas Education Agency Secure Environment (TEASE) at https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/apps/logon.asp. Each charter school is assigned a TEASE account through the charter school setup process at the Texas Education Agency. Please contact Computer Access for assistance with your security access via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reporting system will be available in eGrants from February 1, 2012, through 5:00 p.m. Central Time on February 23, 2012. Child count data must be reported during this period of availability through the eGrants Special Collections SC5011, Form Description, 2011–2012 Special Education Data Request – Newly Opened/Significantly Expanded (2011–2012 SC5011) form.
Applicants may locate the eGrants 2011–2012 SC5011 form as follows:
- Access eGrants via TEASE.
- From the drop-down list, select the 2011–2012 Special Education Consolidated Grant Application.
- Under Special Collections, select the 2011–2012 Special Education Data Request—Newly Opened/Significantly Expanded.
Newly Opened and Significantly expanded charter schools must use the eGrants 2011–2012 SC5011 form to report basic school information and the number of identified students with disabilities enrolled and receiving special education services as of February 1, 2012. The following sections are available for data collection:
- Part 3, Eligible Students Served in Special Education Programs is used to report students with disabilities served through Public Law 108-446 (also known as IDEA-B). Each charter school should enter the information utilizing school and student information from that individual charter school. Enrolled students with disabilities receiving services are to be counted only once.
- Part 4, Supplemental Information is used to report the total number of students enrolled in the charter school, the total number of students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, what grade levels the charter school is currently teaching, and the actual opening date of the charter school. The counts reported in this section apply to the general population of the individual charter school.
- Part 5, Report Submission Authorization is used to certify the information reported on the 2011–2012 SC5011 form. Certification requires the entry of the name of the person preparing the report in addition to the name, email address, and phone number of the person certifying the report.
Charter schools must maintain an alphabetized listing of students reported on the SC5011 form showing the disability, enrollment date, date of birth, date of latest FIE, and effective date of the current IEP. The certification must be completed certifying that all data reported are accurate and meet all the stated criteria. Charter schools that are found to have reported inaccurate information on this or other child count forms are subject to repayment of federal funds and/or other sanctions.
The deadline to submit the 2011–2012 SC5011 form is 5:00 p.m. Central Time,
February 23, 2011.
For assistance in completing the data collection form, refer to the Report Instructions for the Special Education Charter Data Request, available through eGrants, or contact your education service center. If additional assistance is required, contact the Division of Grants Administration at (512) 463-8525.
Senior Director, Division of Grants Administration
Page last modified on 5/22/2013 11:14:34 AM.