1. State Board of Education Operating Rules, Amended January 19, 2011
2. Registration Form for Public Testimony at State Board of Education Meetings
3. Current Status of the Permanent School Fund
4. Report of Commissioner of Education Action on Amendments to Open-Enrollment Charters
This item lists charter school amendments that were acted upon by the commissioner of education between December 1, 2011 and February 29, 2012.
5. 2009-2013 Rule Review Plan for State Board of Education Rules
This item outlines the rule review plan for State Board of Education (SBOE) rules during the period of September 2009 through August 2013. Texas Government Code, §2001.039, requires the rule review of existing state agency rules, including SBOE rules. The rule review requirement is designed to ensure that the reason for initially adopting a rule continues to exist.
6. Notice of Intent to Amend the Financial Accountability System Resource Guide
This item provides notice of intent to amend the Financial Accountability System Resource Guide. In accordance with 19 TAC §109.41, the commissioner of education shall amend the Financial Accountability System Resource Guide, as needed, adopting it by reference per 19 TAC Chapter 109, Budgeting, Accounting, and Auditing, Subchapter C, Adoptions by Reference. The amendment being proposed includes updates to Module 4 - Auditing as a result of recent legislative and authoritative accounting changes and to remove confusing references. The effective date of the proposed amendment will be 20 days after filing as adopted with the Texas Register. Statutory authority for this action is the Texas Education Code (TEC), §§7.055, 7.102(c)(32), 44.001, 44.007, and 44.008.