2012-2013 Title I, Part C, Carl D. Perkins Formula Grant Application
May 30, 2012
Formula Funding Available
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: 2012-2013 Title I, Part C, Carl D. Perkins Formula Grant Application
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) opened the 2012-2013 Applicant Designation and Certification (ADC) form for the Title I, Part C, Carl D. Perkins (Perkins) formula grant in eGrants on Friday, May 18, 2012. The Perkins grant application will be available in eGrants on or about Friday, June 1, 2012.
Federal law requires Perkins formula funds to be awarded only to career and technical education (CTE) programs that are of sufficient size, scope, and quality to be effective. Local education agencies (LEAs) that code students as taking coherent sequences of CTE courses consistent with the state plan under Texas Education Code §29.182 are eligible for funding.
- CTE coherent sequence students are defined as students reported in the fall 2011 PEIMS data collection under career and technical education indicator code 2 or code 3.
- Independent school districts are eligible to apply for funding as stand-alone applicants if they have 10 or more CTE coherent sequence students and are eligible for at least $15,000 in Perkins funding.
- Open-enrollment charter schools may apply for funding as stand-alone applicants if they have five or more CTE coherent sequence students and are eligible for at least $15,000 in Perkins funding.
- LEAs with at least one CTE coherent sequence student, but fewer than ten CTE coherent sequence students for a school district or fewer than five CTE coherent sequence students for a charter school, may apply for funding as members or fiscal agents of shared services arrangements (SSAs).
Purpose of Program
The purpose of the program is to develop more fully the academic and career and technical skills of secondary education students who elect to enroll in CTE programs.
Planning allocations for the 2012-2013 Perkins formula grants can be viewed at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=5040&menu_id=2147483678 on or about June 1, 2012.
The project period is July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants must apply through the eGrants system by 5:00 PM Central Time, Friday, August 31, 2012. Applicants that do not submit an application in substantially approvable form by 5:00 PM Central Time, August 31, 2012, will no longer be eligible for the 2012-2013 Perkins grant. Applications are effective on the date they are received in TEA in substantially approvable form or on July 1, 2012, whichever is later.
To apply, applicants must have appropriate Texas Education Agency Secure Environment (TEASE) access. Applicants that do not have TEASE access for eGrants should visit the TEASE web page. An overview of the TEASE online request process is also available. If you need further assistance, please contact the eGrants Help Desk at (512) 463-7025 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing the Perkins Grant Application
Applicants may locate the Perkins ADC form and application through TEASE via eGrants as follows:
- Open the drop-down list titled Available Grant Programs in eGrants.
- From the drop-down list, select 2012-2013 Title I, Part C Carl D Perkins Career and Technical Education Act Grant Application.
- On the Grant Menu screen, select 2012-2013 Title I, Part C, Carl D. Perkins Applicant Designation Form (ADC). Once the ADC form is submitted, select the name of each form listed under the heading eGrant Application Table of Contents.
LEAs that are awarded grants are responsible for meeting all required deadlines. Failure to meet deadlines may result in loss of funds and could cause the LEA to be identified as “high risk”.
The reporting requirements for this grant are posted on the TEA Grant Opportunities website. In the “Select Search Options” box, select the name of the RFA from the drop-down list. Scroll down to “Critical Events” to view all reporting deadlines that pertain to this grant.
Deadline to Apply
Eligible applicants must apply through the eGrants system by 5:00 PM. Central Time, August 31, 2012. Applications are effective on the date they are received at TEA in substantially approvable form or on July 1, 2012, whichever is later.
Information and Assistance
For program information, please contact the CTE Unit at (512) 463-9581 or email@example.com.
For funding information, please contact the Division of Grants Administration at (512) 463-8525, or visit the TEA Grant Opportunities website.
Standards and Programs
Page last modified on 10/7/2014 09:20:33 AM.