1. State Board of Education Operating Rules, Amended January 19, 2011
2. Registration Form for Public Testimony at State Board of Education Meetings
3. Current Status of the Permanent School Fund
4. Report of Commissioner of Education Action on Amendments to Open-Enrollment Charters
This item lists charter school amendments that were acted upon by the commissioner of education between March 1, 2012 and May 31, 2012.
5. 2009-2013 Rule Review Plan for State Board of Education Rules
This item outlines the rule review plan for State Board of Education (SBOE) rules during the period of September 2009 through August 2013. Texas Government Code, §2001.039, requires the rule review of existing state agency rules, including SBOE rules. The rule review requirement is designed to ensure that the reason for initially adopting a rule continues to exist.
6. Review of Annual Audit Plan of the Division of Financial Audits for 2012-2013
This item covers the annual audit plan of the Division of Financial Audits for the 2012-2013 school year for field and independent audits as specifically described in 19 TAC Chapter 109, Texas Education Agency Audit Functions, §109.21, Annual Audit Plan.
7. State Board of Education Meeting Schedule for 2013
According to the Texas Education Code, §7.106, the State Board of Education (SBOE) is to hold four meetings a year in Austin, Texas on dates determined by the chair. The SBOE may also hold other meetings as may be called by the chair. The purpose of this item is to announce SBOE meeting dates in 2013.