2013 Required Physical Fitness Assessment
September 17, 2012
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
Subject: Required Physical Fitness Assessment
The Texas Education Code, §38.101 and §38.103, requires that the fitness levels of all students in grades 3-12 who are enrolled in a physical education course or any substitute course or activity be assessed at least once annually and that school districts submit the results to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) each school year. The TEA identified FITNESSGRAM® as the assessment tool to be used by all school districts. Aggregated fitness assessment data from all previous school years can be viewed at http://www.tea.state.tx.us./index4.aspx?id=3975.
The following information will help districts and campuses upload data successfully this school year:
- The system for uploading FITNESSGRAM® data will open on Friday, March 1, 2013.
- All fitness data must be submitted to the TEA by 5:00 p.m., Friday, June 14, 2013.
- No deadline extensions will be granted.
- Fitness assessment protocols and training are provided on the Human Kinetics website at http://www.fitnessgram.net/texas/training/.
- In previous school years, a TEASE account was required to submit fitness assessment data to the agency. The Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL) will replace TEASE starting in the 2012-2013 school year. An active TEAL account will be required in order for a district to submit data to TEA in 2013.
- An online overview of TEAL is available at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=2147505323.
- Online training instructions for TEAL can be found at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/pfai_tease.pdf.
- If you are using FITNESSGRAM® software, as opposed to the optional web-based system, you must upgrade the software annually. The free upgrade can be downloaded from the FITNESSGRAM® website at www.fitnessgram.net.
If you needed additional assistance for submitting data this school year, please contact the Curriculum Division by phone at (512) 463-9581 or email at email@example.com. You may also access information on FITNESSGRAM® at www.fitnessgram.net/texas or by calling 1-800-747-4457.
Page last modified on 5/22/2013 11:11:30 AM.