The Texas Education Agency (TEA) would like to invite the education community to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals to be included in the Texas Talent Pool. Educators included in the talent pool may be considered for membership on advisory boards and task forces and as candidates for special recognition programs.
We invite you to recommend distinguished classroom teachers and/or principals who have demonstrated all of the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Individuals whose contributions to education are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Early- to mid-career educators who offer strong long-range potential for professional and policy leadership; and
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community.
The Talent Pool Recommendation form can be located at www.tea.state.tx.us/2013TPRF/.
Please complete a separate recommendation form, a one-page letter explaining how this person meets the criteria outlined, and a resume for each recommended individual. All nominations must be received by 5:00pm on April 10, 2013.
We look forward to working with you as we continue our efforts to recognize the distinguished teachers and/or principals in the state. For more information, please contact Priscilla Flores at (512) 463-2395 or by email at Priscilla.Flores@tea.state.tx.us.