PEIMS Home | Data Standards | Student Attendance Accounting Handbook | Request TEASE Access to PEIMS EDIT+ | TEASE Logon | PID | EDIT+ |
EDIT+ is a web-based software application which provides a resource for Texas school regions, districts, and campuses to submit their PEIMS data via the internet. EDIT+ offers an interface for users to transfer PEIMS data files to TEA, validate the data, and then generate reports. TEA uses PEIMS data to determine funding and accountability for each campus, along with providing data to TEA’s Pre-Kindergarten through 16 Public Education Information Resource Data Warehouse.
What Is the EDIT+ Process?
The following nine steps are the EDIT+ process:
- Districts enter or update data using their respective software systems.
- District software extracts data from master files into the format specified in the PEIMS Data Standards.
- Extracted PEIMS data files are uploaded and validated on the TEA EDIT+ file server using the secure file transfer capabilities of the internet.
- EDIT+ generates reports on any errors and warnings detected. Districts correct data within their respective software systems, and the information is uploaded again.
- When the data validation results satisfy the district, the district flags and accepts district data files as correct and notifies ESC personnel.
- ESC personnel review reports to verify the completeness of each district's data within their region. School districts correct errors found by the ESC during the review process.
- When the data review results satisfy the ESC, the district data files are flagged as complete by the ESC, and TEA personnel are notified of the status.
- Turnaround reports are created and returned to the districts for review.
- Superintendents review and approve PEIMS data submissions which are then sent to the ESC and TEA.
EDIT+ release letters notify districts and regions of changes to the EDIT+ system. View the latest release letters:
The TEA website provides additional EDIT+ resources. Visit the following links for information on user setup, technical documentation, data standards, and TEASE access:
- User Setup and User Documentation - Provides a checklist for EDIT+ system requirements and user access forms, .NET Installation, and User Materials.
- Tech Tips - Provides instructional technical documentation for the experienced EDIT+ user, report reference, EDIT+ Release Letters, and user suggestions or comments.
- PEIMS Data Standards - Provides a convenient link to the Data Standards and the collection schedules.
- TEASE Log On - Displays the TEASE Log On page for direct access to the EDIT+ application.
Go to the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) homepage.
To contact EDIT+ Customer Support, please call (512) 463-9229, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified on 10/15/2014 01:28:36 PM.