1. State Board of Education Operating Rules, Amended February 7, 2007
Public testimony information begins on page V-6.
2. Registration Form for Public Testimony at State Board of Education Meetings
3. Current Status of the Permanent School Fund
4. Report of Commissioner of Education Action on Amendments to and Renewals of Open-Enrollment Charters
This item lists charter school amendments and renewals that were acted upon by the commissioner of education between October 1, 2008 and November 30, 2008.
5. 2005-2009 Rule Review Plan for State Board of Education Rules
This item outlines the rule review plan for State Board of Education (SBOE) rules during the period of September 2005 through August 2009. Texas Government Code, §2001.039, requires the rule review of existing state agency rules including SBOE rules. The rule review requirement is designed to ensure that the reason for initially adopting a rule continues to exist.
6. Annual Report of the Division of Financial Audits
This item provides the board with an annual review of the work accomplished by the Division of Financial Audits. The report describes the division's organization, legal responsibilities, deviations from the 2007-2008 audit plan, and the status of audit reports.
7. Announcement of Membership of Standing Committees
Pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Education Code, §7.107, at the board's first regular meeting after the election and qualification of new members, the board shall organize. This item provides the opportunity to announce appointments to the standing committees of the State Board of Education (SBOE).