Texas Migrant Education Program Staff
As part of the Curriculum Division, the Texas Migrant Education Program (MEP) provides supplemental resources aimed at helping migrant students achieve academic success, as outlined in Title I, Part C of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. The Texas MEP staff provides the coordination of these resources, which include the following:
- Identification and Recruitment of Migratory Children in Texas;
- Collection and Exchange of Data through the use of the New Generation System (NGS) Database and Collaboration with Other States Involved in the NGS Consortia;
- State Migrant Parent Advisory Council (PAC);
- Project SMART Summer Migrant Program;
- Two MEP Special Projects, consisting of one migrant interstate program and one graduation enhancement program.
Staff contact information is as follows:
All program staff may be reached at the main number for the Curriculum Division, (512) 463-9581 or FAX (512) 463-8057.
For additional information, contact:
1701 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701-1401
Page last modified on 2/8/2013 04:30:52 PM.