1. State Board of Education Operating Rules, Amended January 21, 2009
2. Registration Form for Public Testimony at State Board of Education Meetings
3. Current Status of the Permanent School Fund
4. Report of Commissioner of Education Action on Amendments to Open-Enrollment Charters
This item lists charter school amendments that were acted upon by the commissioner of education between April 1, 2009 and May 29, 2009.
5. Review of Annual Audit Plan of the Division of Financial Audits for 2009-2010
This item covers the annual audit plan of the Division of Financial Audits for the 2009-2010 school year. The annual audit plan describes the numbers and types of audits, areas or documents to be examined, and the scheduled time periods for accomplishing the division’s activities during the 2009-2010 fiscal year. The commissioner of education submits the annual audit plan to the Committee on School Finance/Permanent School Fund in accordance with 19 TAC Chapter 109, Texas Education Agency Audit Functions, §109.21, Annual Audit Plan.
6. 2009-2013 Rule Review Plan for State Board of Education Rules
This item outlines the rule review plan for State Board of Education (SBOE) rules during the period of September 2009 through August 2013. Texas Government Code, §2001.039, requires the rule review of existing state agency rules, including SBOE rules. The rule review requirement is designed to ensure that the reason for initially adopting a rule continues to exist.