Title I, Part A - Comparability of Services Requirement
Due Date: November 12, 2012
The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) requires that campuses receiving Title I, Part A funding must receive the same level of services through state and local funds as campuses that are not receiving Title I, Part A funding. If all campuses in a local education agency (LEA) are receiving Title I, Part A funds, then the district or charter school must ensure that state and local funds used to provide services at their Title I, Part A campuses are substantially comparable, taken as a whole, at each Title I campus or that state and local funds used to provide services at their Title I, Part A campuses with higher percentages of low-income students are equal to or greater than the services provided at their Title I, Part A campuses with lower percentages of low-income students.
The following documents are for Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to use in determining compliance with the Title I, Part A Comparability of Services requirement.
Submission Requirements—Due November 12, 2012:
- LEAs that participate in Title I, Part A and have more than one building for each grade span are required to submit the 1) Comparability Assurance Document and 2) Comparability Computation Form (CCF). LEAs conduct comparability testing on the CCF using their latest budgeted data for 2012-2013 school year.
- LEAs with only one campus per grade span group or that do not participate in Title I, Part A, must notify TEA and are required to submit the Comparability Assurance Document.
LEAs are required to submit their comparability of services forms via NCLB Report. Once your document is complete:
- Logon through Texas Education Agency Secure Environment:https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/apps/logon.asp
- Select NCLBReport - No Child Left Behind Reports
- Click on "Upload Response Templates"
- Search drop-down menu for appropriate template title (i.e. Comparability Assurance Document; Comparability Computation Form)
- Select 2012-2013 school year
- Click "Upload Document"
Voice-over PowerPoint training modules are available in regard to Comparability of Services requirements.
For additional information, contact:
Division of Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reportinng
1701 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78701
Page last modified on 2/11/2013.