Nov. 20, 2008
New AEIS reports available
AUSTIN - The 2007-08 AEIS reports are now available at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/aeis/2008/index.html.
The Academic Excellence Indicator System (AEIS) compiles a wide range of information on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas. The performance indicators are:
• Results of Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS); by grade, by subject, and by all grades tested;
• Participation in the statewide assessment programs (TAKS/TAKS (Accommodated)/TAKS-M/TAKS-Alt);
• Exit-Level TAKS Cumulative Passing Rates;
• Progress of Prior Year TAKS Failers;
• Results of Student Success Initiative;
• Attendance Rates;
• Annual Dropout Rates (grades 7-8, grades 7-12, and grades 9-12);
• Completion Rates (4-year longitudinal);
• College Readiness Indicators;
√Advanced / Dual Enrollment Course Completion;
√ Completion of the Recommended High School Program or Distinguished Achievement Program;
√ Participation and Performance on Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations;
√ College-Ready Graduates;
√ Texas Success Initiative (TSI) – Higher Education Readiness Component; and
√ Participation and Performance on the College Admissions Tests (SAT I and ACT).
Performance on each of these indicators is shown disaggregated by ethnicity, sex, special education, low income status, and limited English proficient status. The performance of at-risk students is also shown on the district, region, and state AEIS reports. In addition to the performance indicators, the reports provide extensive information on school and district staff, finances, programs, and student demographics.
Division of Communications
1701 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78757
Phone: (512) 463-9000